Sunday 6 October 2013

gypsy dreams

Let me take you to where the moon laughs all night,
and where, through the trees, the sun smiles bright.
Throughout the forest, voices ring;
souls of nature sing.
Come with me to where the oak grows,
and where the gypsies dance and smoke.


On Friday night, my dad and I went to see Fleetwood Mac's classic album 'Rumours' live! It was so good. Way better than either of us had expected. From beginning to end, the music hit you right in your diaphragm and vibrated your bones; it flowed right through your veins to your fingertips. It was really a great experience, and shows like that always leave me astonished at how artists know where to place certain things in a song, like: oh, there should be some background singing right here, the chords should change right there. And it's things like that that just make the song, right?


x~

No comments:

Post a Comment